Invalid database with VB4 16/32
Author Message
 Invalid database with VB4 16/32

Hi,

I have a database created with Access2, which I have been processing using
VB4/32, Data Manager and Crystal Reports.   However I recently reloaded all
the software on my PC and now when I try to access the database using
Crystal Reports 32 or 16 bit, I get a message saying that it is an "invalid
database".  The same thing happens if I try to open the DB using the Data
Manager app that comes with VB 4.

However my VB4 32 development environment and my VB4 / 32 comoiled programs
still open and process the database with no problems.

Any suggestions as to what may be going on here?

Regards,
Graham Daniell
Perth, Western Australia

---

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invalid database with VB4 16/32

OK, the  reference in your VB4 environment is the the wrong MS Access
references, check your DAO reference

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a database created with Access2, which I have been processing using
> VB4/32, Data Manager and Crystal Reports.   However I recently reloaded all
> the software on my PC and now when I try to access the database using
> Crystal Reports 32 or 16 bit, I get a message saying that it is an "invalid
> database".  The same thing happens if I try to open the DB using the Data
> Manager app that comes with VB 4.

> However my VB4 32 development environment and my VB4 / 32 comoiled programs
> still open and process the database with no problems.

> Any suggestions as to what may be going on here?

> Regards,
> Graham Daniell
> Perth, Western Australia

> ---

Sun, 23 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Differences between VB4 16 and VB4 32 bits

2. VB4-32 compatibility with VB4-16?

3. VB4/16 and VB4/32...

4. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

5. hPal Picture property in VB4/32 vs VB4/16

6. Convert 32-BIT MDB Database to 16-bit database

7. CodeBase in VB4 16/32

8. Passthrough queries fail in 16-bit VB4, succeed in 32-bit

9. VB4 16 & 32 bit compatability

10. VB4-16->32: LongBin field conversion error

11. DLL 32 vs 16 bit in VB4

12. I know someone wants an unopened VB4 16/32