Using .DBF DBASE III files and Deleting
Author Message
 Using .DBF DBASE III files and Deleting

I am writing a small utlity but using the old .DBF to hold some simple
data (no more than 10 records in here). For support reasons it makes it
easy to get to.

Anyway I can access this but when I delete a record, VB marks the item
as deleted. I guess VB will never read in these records in the
Recordset, but they still physciall exist in the DBF file. Is there a
command to PACK the DBF file (i.e. physcially get rid of the records
marked as Delete)?

Many Thanks

Michael

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:47:43 GMT

1. ADO connection string for Dbase III file (*.dbf)

2. connecting to dBase III dbf table with VB 6

3. Create a .dbf(dbase III) database

4. HELP: Mail merge in VB5.0 between dbase III .dbf and Word 7.0 .doc

5. Problems adding new records to ODBC source (dBASE III dbf's)

6. HELP: Mail merge in VB5.0 between dbase III .dbf and Word 7.0 .doc

7. How to delete a recordset of dBASE IV DBF file use VB4

8. Using DBASE III Plus files in VB3 Pro

9. Help: using Dbase(.dbf) database files

10. open dbase type dbase III

11. Using DBase III index in VB5

12. VB4.0 16-bit using dBase III Indexes