VB5 ODBC 3.5 MSACCESS: Problems with DBCS in the SQL WHERE Clause
Author Message
 VB5 ODBC 3.5 MSACCESS: Problems with DBCS in the SQL WHERE Clause

Hello VB's,

there is the following problem:

Our application is has to deal with DBCS, for example japanese characters.

Using MS ACCESS and ODBC 3.5 US/English version (in VB using RDO), we can
send the japanese characters to the database and retrieve them, which works
fine.

But when we have SQL statements, where the WHERE clause contains a DBCS
string, then this query returns 'object not found', even if we see that the
object is in the database. It seems as if ODBC or MS ACCESS cannot handle
the WHERE clause correctly when it contains DBCS characters!

So what do we have to do to get it fixed?

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC 3.5 may slow down the VB4 or VB5 to access MS SQL6.5

2. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

3. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

4. Microsoft Access ODBC driver 3.5 problem

5. Executing UPDATE SQL statements in DAO 3.5 and VB5

6. ODBC 3.5 drivers - how to redistribute?

7. ODBC 3.5

8. ODBC 3.5 may make VB slowly to access MS SQL6.5

9. ODBC 3.5 SDK VB declare file wanted

10. Cristal Report and ODBC 3.5 drivers

11. SQL ODBC Update Problem in VB5 via SQL7

12. sql, where clause vb5