problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls
Author Message
 problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

To control user's input, I would like use Mask edit.
On my form I have a button, to add a new record, but when VB execute
        Data.recordset.addnew
I have a validation error and after a run-time error, with the empty
field (His mask is ?######), and I can't resume this error.

Somebody has an idea where i'm mistaking (i think it's possible to
add a new records with this control.

        Thank Your for your help

        Arnaud - France - Paris

Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

Quote:

> Subject: problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls
> Date: 27 Aug 95 02:54:28 -0700

msn.com

Quote:
> Newsgroups: comp.lang.basic.visual.database

> To control user's input, I would like use Mask edit.
> On my form I have a button, to add a new record, but when VB execute
>    Data.recordset.addnew
> I have a validation error and after a run-time error, with the empty
> field (His mask is ?######), and I can't resume this error.

> Somebody has an idea where i'm mistaking (i think it's possible to
> add a new records with this control.

I have discussed this with Microsoft to some extent.  The problem seems to be
with the design and validation using two tools (a kind of a double validation, I
guess...). What I do is this,
1.      Place a text box on the screen properties (Hidden, And bound to your
        data control.)
2.      Instead of binding the masked box to your data control, do this. on the
        (Lost Focus) make the   text box = the masked box.

hope this helps,
Hawk - Austin, Tx.

Quote:
>    Thank Your for your help

>    Arnaud - France - Paris

Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

Quote:

>To control user's input, I would like use Mask edit.
>On my form I have a button, to add a new record, but when VB execute
>        Data.recordset.addnew
>I have a validation error and after a run-time error, with the empty
>field (His mask is ?######), and I can't resume this error.

>Somebody has an idea where i'm mistaking (i think it's possible to
>add a new records with this control.

The masked edit control that comes with VB is a piece of fecal waste
matter.  I would highly recommend getting a copy of Aware VBX (Far Point)
the controls in that package hanlde the sort of situation you
are describing.

VisualWare, Inc.
Custom Visual Basic, C++, and Windows Programming
1675 East Main St, Suite 218
Kent OH 44240
(216) 297-4444

Fri, 13 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

2. Problem with bound DataCombo and Masked Edit controls when changing their contents

3. Bound masked edit controls

4. Bound masked edit controls

5. Unable to Bind Mask Edit control

6. Bound Masked Edit Control