To Bind or not to Bind ???
Author Message
 To Bind or not to Bind ???

I am look for information and samples on how use the data bound
controls with DAO 3.0/3.5  I have been away from VB for a bit but it
looks like the DAO and bound controls have improved some.  I would
also like to know from the experienced if using bound controls is
good/safe and or should I consider some combination DAO objects and
bound controls.  I also plan to use ODBC data sources.

I have tried to use (on a small test app) the DBCombo DBList DBGrid
and Spread OCX.  I can't seem to get the DBCombo or list to feed data
out to a target data control / record set like the book says it can.

Any help or info would be great !!!

Thanks

(daa)

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 To Bind or not to Bind ???

Quote:

>I am look for information and samples on how use the data bound
>controls with DAO 3.0/3.5  I have been away from VB for a bit but it
>looks like the DAO and bound controls have improved some.  I would
>also like to know from the experienced if using bound controls is
>good/safe and or should I consider some combination DAO objects and
>bound controls.  I also plan to use ODBC data sources.
>I have tried to use (on a small test app) the DBCombo DBList DBGrid
>and Spread OCX.  I can't seem to get the DBCombo or list to feed data
>out to a target data control / record set like the book says it can.

A microsoft phone-tech told me not to use bound controls in multiuser
environments, but just to do it in code!

Jim

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 To Bind or not to Bind ???

Never use bound controls.  They pose nothing but problems.

Quote:

> >looks like the DAO and bound controls have improved some...

<snip>

Sat, 16 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Access 97 bound or not ot bound controls

2. To BOUND or NOT to BOUND

3. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

4. Data bound Combos or Not Data Bound Combos

5. Data Bound User Control Not Binding

6. early binding vs late binding

7. Dataset binding, can a class property be bound ?

8. Synchronizing bound combobox and bound textboxes?

9. Data Bound Combo Box within a Data Bound Grid

10. How do I bind columns from several tables to one bound control in VB 5.0

11. Activex Server - Early Binding vs. Late Binding

12. Late Binding vs Early Binding in out-of-process servers