HELP: DLL error with TrueDbGrid
Author Message
 HELP: DLL error with TrueDbGrid

I made a class module to encapsulte the events associated with the
UnboundExtendedMode of a TrueDBGRID. Everything is Ok when run from within
an exe.

Now I want to compile this class as a DLL we'll be able to share in
different projects, but I always receive an error on the Attach procedure:

In the class module declaration section:

Private WithEvents TDBG As TrueDBGrid50.TDBGrid

Public Sub Attach (g As TrueDBGrid50.TDBGrid)
    Set TDBG = g
End Sub

The following message appears when I try to compile:

"User-defined types and fixed-length strings not allowed as the type of a
Public member of an object module; Private object modules not allowed as the
type of a public member of a public object modules"

I don't have any User-defined-type and above all, the class module works
whitout problem when run from whitin a standard .exe.

Thank you for your help !

David

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: DLL error with TrueDbGrid
VB wil not allow you to pass references to controls and forms directly
between different components. According to the documentation, if that
was allowed, the results would be unpredictable.

You need to "wrap" the control/form in a class module in the project
that contains the control/form, expose the necessary methods/events in
the class module, and then pass a reference to the class to the external
component.

Quote:

> I made a class module to encapsulte the events associated with the
> UnboundExtendedMode of a TrueDBGRID. Everything is Ok when run from within
> an exe.

> Now I want to compile this class as a DLL we'll be able to share in
> different projects, but I always receive an error on the Attach procedure:

> In the class module declaration section:

> Private WithEvents TDBG As TrueDBGrid50.TDBGrid

> Public Sub Attach (g As TrueDBGrid50.TDBGrid)
>     Set TDBG = g
> End Sub

> The following message appears when I try to compile:

> "User-defined types and fixed-length strings not allowed as the type of a
> Public member of an object module; Private object modules not allowed as the
> type of a public member of a public object modules"

> I don't have any User-defined-type and above all, the class module works
> whitout problem when run from whitin a standard .exe.

> Thank you for your help !

> David

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dll Gurus: Help with oc25.dll error

2. TrueDBGrid help

3. Help! TrueDBGrid XArray RDO and Oracle7.3

4. Need Help on TrueDBGrid

5. TrueDBGrid help

6. Repost...Please Help! Error Loading DLL

7. Da0360.dll Error--Help

8. Error loading dll-please help

9. Help please...Access Runtime DAO350.dll intall error

10. Error 429: Help with bad DAO350.dll registration

11. Need help figuring out MSJT3032.DLL error

12. OLEAUT32.dll error - anyone please help?