emailing a report
Author Message
 emailing a report

I am generating a report in my VB application.  I'd want to create a form to
email the form as an attachment.  I'll want to use whatever email client the
user is using.  How would I go about doing this?

--
Dell Palmer

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 emailing a report
I don't know you can do all of that...it is very easy to send reports as
regulat emails. You will probably never be able to use what the receive is
using unless you have all email clients and know wht email client of
everyone you are sending to.

I am generating a report in my VB application.  I'd want to create a form to
email the form as an attachment.  I'll want to use whatever email client the
user is using.  How would I go about doing this?

--
Dell Palmer

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 emailing a report
Here is a piece of code from MS Step by Step, by Michael Halvorson  ISBN
1-57231-809-0 from MS Press which works with Outlook

Private Sub Command1_Click()
'This procedure uses Automation to place a test message in
'the Microsoft Outlook outbox. (If you are online and
'Outlook is open, Outlook will also send the message to
'your email service.) The Outlook program is required, and
'you'll find that the send operation is quicker and more
'memory efficient if Outlook is already running.

Dim out As Object           'create object variable
'assign Outlook.Application to object variable
Set out = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

With out.CreateItem(olMailItem) 'using the Outlook object
    'insert recipients one at a time with the Add method
    '(these names are fictitious--replace with your own)

    'to place users in the CC: field, specify olCC type

    .Subject = "Test Message"  'include a subject field
    .Body = Text1.Text  'copy message text from text box
    'insert attachments one at a time with the Add method
    .Attachments.Add "c:\vb6sbs\less14\smile.bmp"
    'finally, copy message to Outlook outbox with Send
    .Send
End With

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Load()

End Sub

Good luck

Mick O'Rourke

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Emailing Access reports

2. Access97: Emailing mulitple reports

3. Emailing / Faxing Reports

4. emailing partial reports

5. Printing/Emailing Access reports from VB

6. Emailing a report

7. Issues with emailing CR reports within VB apps

8. Emailing CR reports

9. EMAILING CRYSTAL REPORTS - IS THERE A SOLUTION?

10. Emailing a Report with one click in vb

11. emailing reports with subreports WITHOUT using sendObject

12. Emailing Reports Containing SubReports