combination boxes
Author Message
 combination boxes

I need help.  I am developing an order entry form.

What I would like to do is have a combination box located on the form
which displays the customer id and customer name.  When the user
selects the appropriate customer, I would like to have the customer id
placed in a bound textbox (bound to the customer id in the orders
table) but also display the customer name in an unbound text box.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Diane Emmich

Mon, 26 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 combination boxes

Quote:

>I need help.  I am developing an order entry form.
>What I would like to do is have a combination box located on the form
>which displays the customer id and customer name.  When the user
>selects the appropriate customer, I would like to have the customer id
>placed in a bound textbox (bound to the customer id in the orders
>table) but also display the customer name in an unbound text box.
>Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
>Thanks.
>Diane Emmich

This assumes that the customer id is numeric:
When putting data into the combo, also place the customer id
into the property "item data".  In the click event, pluck
out the customer id from the item data (using the listindex)
and display it in the text box.

Hope this helps.

Siegen

Mon, 02 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Combination box in Word

2. combination boxes

3. Combination Box - How to edit or add entry

4. Displaying Keystroke Combinations in a text-box

5. Index of a combination of two fields

6. possible team combinations

7. Enumerating Combinations

8. Displaying CorssTab Query results in combination with VBA code

9. Err = 5981 Memory Access in combination with Word

10. Listing All Possible Combinations

11. How: Suspend code if key-combination is pressed

12. Generating Combinations of Columns