Please Help with Jet and VB4/CR problem
Author Message
 Please Help with Jet and VB4/CR problem

Can anyone help me?

I created a small database in VB 4 that keeps track of some inventory.  The
problem that I am having is that when the data is enterred into the text
boxes in sequence,  it works great,  but when a mouse click is used to
change one of the text boxes before the recordset.update routine is run I
get a Runtime Error 3426 Duplicate index.  I know that the reason this is
happening is that because I set the properties of the text boxes to the
database and recordset in ther properties.  Is their anyway around this?

Also I am having trouble getting Crystal Reports to Verify the data base
before it prints the reports.  Because of this It won't recognize new
entries after a report has been run.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
thanks in advance.

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help with Jet and VB4/CR problem

You can set the databases property of the CrystalReports control at runtime.
It's an array of properties, actually.

With Crystal1
    .Databases(0) = "Your Database Path"
End with

Hope this helps
Jared White
Software Constultant/Developer
Orange TX

Quote:

>Can anyone help me?

>I created a small database in VB 4 that keeps track of some inventory.  The
>problem that I am having is that when the data is enterred into the text
>boxes in sequence,  it works great,  but when a mouse click is used to
>change one of the text boxes before the recordset.update routine is run I
>get a Runtime Error 3426 Duplicate index.  I know that the reason this is
>happening is that because I set the properties of the text boxes to the
>database and recordset in ther properties.  Is their anyway around this?

>Also I am having trouble getting Crystal Reports to Verify the data base
>before it prints the reports.  Because of this It won't recognize new
>entries after a report has been run.

>If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
>thanks in advance.

Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4/Jet Transactions, help please.

2. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

3. Urgent, help please: Problem exporting report CR 8 and VB 6

4. PLEASE HELP! Jet DB Access problem

5. Crystal 4.0/Jet 2.5 Problem - Please help!

6. Crystal 4.0/Jet 2.5 BIG Problem - Please help!

7. VB4 Double to Btrieve Bfloat Problem - please help!

8. Problems with MSSQL and VB4 Enterprise...PLEASE HELP!! :)

9. VB4 Setup Wizard problems - please help

10. VB4 Peculiar problem in this code - please help

11. QBasic to VB4 conversion problem - Please Help

12. PLEASE HELP with VB4/Crystal report problem