Viewing newly added records
Author Message
 Viewing newly added records

When I add records with a form and then Hide that form and show another form
which accesses the same table the newly added record doesn't show up.  I'm
using Recordset.Add and Recordset.Update when adding.

DWM

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewing newly added records

Quote:

>When I add records with a form and then Hide that form and show another form
>which accesses the same table the newly added record doesn't show up.  I'm
>using Recordset.Add and Recordset.Update when adding.

What about doing a Recordset.Refresh?

RGT

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewing newly added records
I had tried that and it didn't work, but I found out what does... just do a
RecordSet.MoveFirst when I open the browsing form.

DWM

Quote:

>>When I add records with a form and then Hide that form and show another
form
>>which accesses the same table the newly added record doesn't show up.  I'm
>>using Recordset.Add and Recordset.Update when adding.

>What about doing a Recordset.Refresh?

>RGT

Thu, 01 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewing newly added records
Have you looked into the cursor type your using?

Quote:
> I had tried that and it didn't work, but I found out what does... just do
> RecordSet.MoveFirst when I open the browsing form.

> DWM

> >>When I add records with a form and then Hide that form and show another
> form
> >>which accesses the same table the newly added record doesn't show up.
I'm
> >>using Recordset.Add and Recordset.Update when adding.

> >What about doing a Recordset.Refresh?

> >RGT

Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Viewing newly added records that do not match the Recordset creation SQL query.

2. retrieving primary key of newly added record in ADO.NET

3. Select newly added record in datagrid

4. Positioning to a Newly Added Record Problem

5. Get the ID vaule from SQL 7 for the newly added record

6. Positioning to a Newly Added Record Problem

7. Retrieve the ID value of the newly added record

8. Locate a newly added record after recordset update

9. Extracting information from a newly inserted record

10. need ID from newly inserted record (altered by insert trigger on SQL server)

11. How to retrieve info from newly inserted record

12. Retrieving Id of newly create record