Set ws = Workspaces(0) failure
Author Message
 Set ws = Workspaces(0) failure

I wrote a VB program that opens a Jet database. The program runs fine, but I am
no longer able to modify the program because of a very strange error:
"Permission denied" that highlights the line indicated:

    Dim ws As Workspace
    Dim db As Database
--> Set ws = Workspaces(0)
    Set db = ws.OpenDatabase(DB_PATH & DB_FILE)

No one is using the executable or the database while I'm compiling, so I do not
understand why I would receive a "Permission denied" error. I can compile
other programs with identical code without error.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what the cause might be,

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Set ws = Workspaces(0) failure

I discovered the problem: I had recently installed Visual C++, which installed
DAO 3.5. Visual Basic 4.0 didn't like that. I had to disable that and include
DAO 3.0.

Quote:

>I wrote a VB program that opens a Jet database. The program runs fine, but I
am
>no longer able to modify the program because of a very strange error:
>"Permission denied" that highlights the line indicated:

>    Dim ws As Workspace
>    Dim db As Database
>--> Set ws = Workspaces(0)
>    Set db = ws.OpenDatabase(DB_PATH & DB_FILE)

>No one is using the executable or the database while I'm compiling, so I do
not
>understand why I would receive a "Permission denied" error. I can compile
>other programs with identical code without error.

>I would appreciate any thoughts on what the cause might be,

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Personal WS vs Peer WS

2. Error 3044 setting Workspace

3. db, ws= nothing / rst.close

4. Reboot NT4 WS with VBA

5. Trying to Invoke WS with ArrayOf_xsd_string parameter

6. WS Proxy generation for binding to DataGrid

7. Saving an excel WS

8. Printer Setup ws. Pinter.orientation

9. Server/WS identification

10. Printing under NT WS #2