Paradox 4.5 & VB
Author Message
 Paradox 4.5 & VB

Oopz,

Wrote this message prematurely without scanning all the articles I do have the pdx200.dll and changed my vb.ini setting to say "Paradox 4.0=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\pdx200.dll" but when I try to set the datafield option in a text box I get "Reserved Error (-5030); There is no message for this error.".  I am able to set the Database Name to the directory where my Paradox 4.5 database is, I set Connect to "Paradox 4.0;" and when I double-click on the RecordSource field it finds my Paradox 4.5 database.

Anyone experience this problem?

I've also tried going via ODBC but it asks for a password, so I made one in Paradox, and then VB complains that it can't find the table after I enter the correct password...

Thanx in advance,
-chase

: Hi,

: I'm a newbie and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice?

: I was wondering what my options for getting read/write capability to my Paradox 4.5 database from Visual Basic 3.0 (PRO)?  Does microsoft have a solution or will I need to seek out 3rd party solutions?

: Thanx,
: -chase

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Paradox 4.5 & VB
Hi,

I'm a newbie and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice?

I was wondering what my options for getting read/write capability to my Paradox 4.5 database from Visual Basic 3.0 (PRO)?  Does microsoft have a solution or will I need to seek out 3rd party solutions?

Thanx,
-chase

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB and Paradox 4.5 for DOS

2. Anybody using Paradox 4.5 with VB 3.0?

3. Paradox 4.5 for DOS and VB 3.0

4. Help with Paradox 4.5 and VB

5. Case sensitive searches and VB 3.0 and Paradox 4.5

6. Paradox 4.5 and VB Pro 3.0

7. Help with Paradox 4.5 and VB

8. Paradox 4.5 tables

9. How to work with paradox 4.5 inh vb6?

10. Accessing a Paradox 4.5 table from VB5

11. Opening Paradox 4.5 Table on Net using DAO

12. Reading Paradox 4.5 table