Masked Edit Bound to DB Problem
Author Message
 Masked Edit Bound to DB Problem

Hi, I apologise if this has been discussed before - or is in the FAQ, but...

I am using a masked edit control that is bound to a database. The control
is bound to a Date field in the database. I have applied the following mask
to the control.

        ##/##/##     ' ie a mask of the format for a date dd/mm/yy

Whenever you enter a date into the control and call the recordset update method
for the data control it is linked to, it reports a "Type Mismatch" error.
My theory for this is that the control is sending only the text to the database
which would be 121282 if the date entered was 12/12/82. Hence the type mismatch.
So I think that the control is not passing the backslashes.
Anyway, thats my theory - Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or how to solve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please email me on

Thanks in advance! :)

Martin Kay
| Martin Kay                      | email:                 |

| Victoria University,            |                        |

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Masked Edit Bound to DB Problem

Quote:
>I am using a masked edit control that is bound to a database. The control
>is bound to a Date field in the database. I have applied the following mask
>to the control.

        ##/##/##     ' ie a mask of the format for a date dd/mm/yy

Quote:
>Whenever you enter a date into the control and call the recordset
update method
>for the data control it is linked to, it reports a "Type Mismatch" error.
>My theory for this is that the control is sending only the text to
the database
>which would be 121282 if the date entered was 12/12/82. Hence the
type mismatch.
>So I think that the control is not passing the backslashes.
>Anyway, thats my theory - Does anybody know what I am doing wrong or

how to solve this?

to Include litteral character (here / /) you set PromptInclude
Property to TRUE

                        Arnaud Samama
                        Paris - France

Sat, 21 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

2. ADO Bound Masked Edit Re-Bind

3. Problems with bound Masked Edit

4. problems with Mask edit controls bound to data controls

5. Masked Edit bound to database Problem

6. Problem with bound DataCombo and Masked Edit controls when changing their contents

7. Bound masked edit controls

8. Binding a masked edit box

9. Bound masked edit controls

10. Unable to Bind Mask Edit control