Order Number Entry??
Author Message
 Order Number Entry??

Has anyone good an idea how best I can achieve this task::

I want the user to enter a new Order Number in a textbox,
which is only allowing numeric, then when I press enter
it will check my Orders table and Order_ref field for
duplicates which are NOT allowed...

I need advice on a good way to do this please

Thanks

--
Perry J Hemmings

begin 666 Perry J Hemmings.vcf
M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DAE;6UI;F=S.U!E<G)Y.TH-

+14Y$.E9#05)$#0H`
`
end

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Order Number Entry??
Private Sub cmdEnter_Click
    If IsNumeric(txtOrderNumber.Text) Then
      Set rsOrders = gdbMain.OpenRecordset("Orders")
      rsOrders.Index = "Order_Ref"
      rsOrders.Seek, txtOrderNumber
      If Not rsOrders.NoMatch Then                       'If there is a
match,
        Msgbox "Sorry, no duplicates please"       'no dice.
        rsOrders.Close
        Exit Sub
      End If
    End If
End Sub
Quote:

>Has anyone good an idea how best I can achieve this task::

>I want the user to enter a new Order Number in a textbox,
>which is only allowing numeric, then when I press enter
>it will check my Orders table and Order_ref field for
>duplicates which are NOT allowed...

>I need advice on a good way to do this please

>Thanks

>--
>Perry J Hemmings

Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Order Number Entry??
Sorry,

Try:
rsOrders.Seek "=", txtOrderNumber.Text

It was late.

Quote:

>Private Sub cmdEnter_Click
>    If IsNumeric(txtOrderNumber.Text) Then
>      Set rsOrders = gdbMain.OpenRecordset("Orders")
>      rsOrders.Index = "Order_Ref"
>      rsOrders.Seek, txtOrderNumber
>      If Not rsOrders.NoMatch Then                       'If there is a
>match,
>        Msgbox "Sorry, no duplicates please"       'no dice.
>        rsOrders.Close
>        Exit Sub
>      End If
>    End If
>End Sub

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. populating order number field affects unrelated orders!

2. Sorting numbers in Descending Order using ORDER BY

3. Sorting numbers in Descending Order using ORDER BY

4. Creating Successive Numbers (Order Numbers)

5. Order of entry

6. Tab order in online data-entry form?

7. Collection Object that maintains order of entry?

8. Need Object Model advise for Order Entry App

9. sample order entry application

10. sample order entry application

11. Example order entry VB application

12. Order Entry -VB4 & Access code needed