Help! How to concatenate snapshots?
Author Message
 Help! How to concatenate snapshots?

I have an app where I wish to create a snapshot from an Access
database, grab some more records from the same database and
add them to the snapshot.  I'm no SQL wizard, but it seems to me
that the SQL standard allows for the UNION verb, which would do
exactly what I want.  Unfortunately, VB doesn't seem to have this
utility, nor does it provide for an .AddNew to snapshots, which
would also work.  Because the database contains memo fields of
unknown length, I can't just create an array to hold the data.

I can't create a dynaset (I don't think), because part of the
application is a cut/paste operation where the rows being selected
are cut from the database, and then pasted (AddNew) with a new key
(in this case, a new date).

Can anyone suggest a workaround.
Douglas Sanford         * "To do is to be!" - Socrates   *

                        * "Do be do be do!" - Sinatra    *

Sat, 27 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please help me to concatenate data files

2. Please help me to concatenate data files

3. Help, Concatenated Indexes (primary keys)

4. Please help me to concatenate data files

5. HELP - Concatenating String Variables !!!!

6. Help, Concatenated Indexes (primary keys)

7. HELP !!! - Need to concatenate 2 or + .WAV files

8. Concatenated string chopped, pls HELP!

9. Help needed returning fld in snapshot to a table

10. Help: SendObject Method in VBA with Snapshot Format?

11. Help please creating own class Snapshot...

12. HELP!!!...SQL's Snapshot problem