Duplicate Data Records
Author Message
 Duplicate Data Records

You could set the name to indexed with no duplicates, or set up key fields,
or run a select statement that looks for a duplicate before you write to the
database.  There are probably other ways as well, but these seem like the
easiest way to go.
Quote:

>Can any one help!!!

>How can I prevent someone from entering duplicate data.

>My table has a unique ID

>However, some one could enter John Doe two times and I wouldn"t Know it

>Any help would be appreciated.

>mac

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Duplicate Data Records
Can any one help!!!

How can I prevent someone from entering duplicate data.

My table has a unique ID

However, some one could enter John Doe two times and I wouldn"t Know it

Any help would be appreciated.

mac

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Duplicate Data Records
Mac,
Preventing duplicate names can be tricky. I know of two Tom Jones, one is a
friend of mine and the other has a singing act in Las Vegas. One method you
may try is to check for duplicates before saving a record and let the user
know and decide if the duplicate is valid or not. Hope this helps.

Oscar Bowyer

Quote:

>Can any one help!!!

>How can I prevent someone from entering duplicate data.

>My table has a unique ID

>However, some one could enter John Doe two times and I wouldn"t Know it

>Any help would be appreciated.

>mac

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Duplicate Data Records

Quote:

>Mac,
>Preventing duplicate names can be tricky. I know of two Tom Jones, one is a
>friend of mine and the other has a singing act in Las Vegas. <snip>

I didn't know he performed in Vegas! - This is the Welsh Tom Jones (It's not
unusual etc...) ?!

J.

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am getting duplicate records, I mean everything is duplicate even Access record number

2. Crystal: duplicate data in table need to filter with record selection not suppress field

3. avoid duplicate record when import data from Excel to Access table

4. Duplicate first record.

5. Duplicate record error using OnNotInList event

6. Duplicate Records

7. dUPLICATE RECORDS

8. duplicate records

9. copy/duplicate record problem

10. before saving a record, check duplicate entries

11. do not print duplicate record details in grouping

12. Searching for Text to prevent duplicate client records