SQL Server queries from VB5 or 6
Author Message
 SQL Server queries from VB5 or 6

Rob,

Use RDO and more importantly, use stored procedures instead of embedded SQL.
Performance improvements are orders of magnitude just converting SQL to
stored procs. Use the rdExecDirect option when using the Execute method.

Of course, stored procs will tie you down to a specific DBMS !

(I am assuming that your SQL database supports stored procs !!)

-Jay

Quote:

>Can anyone tell me whet the syntax is for a VB app to query a SQL database
>without going through Access?  Is it similar to the whole

>rs=DBEngine.Workspace(0).Database(0)

>type thing?

>I'm trying to improve performance on a poorly written legacy app...

>thanks.

>Rob

appreciated.

Sat, 14 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server queries from VB5 or 6
Can anyone tell me whet the syntax is for a VB app to query a SQL database
without going through Access?  Is it similar to the whole

rs=DBEngine.Workspace(0).Database(0)

type thing?

I'm trying to improve performance on a poorly written legacy app...

thanks.

Rob

Sun, 15 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sql - Dates query to SQL Server and access

2. how can I build 2 queries in 1 query(VB SQL query)

3. Newbie Questions About DAO Queries to SQL Server

4. Insert Records from SQL Server Passthrough Query

5. dynamic pass-through query to MS-SQL server

6. Stored, Pass Through, Parameter Query on Access 2k and SQL Server 7

7. Setting SQL Server query processing options via Access/VBA

8. Best approach to query SQL Server

9. sql server query

10. Query not working after migrating from Access to SQL Server 7

11. SQL server query question

12. running an Index Server Query from VB5