Help converting JET MDB into SQL Server
Author Message
 Help converting JET MDB into SQL Server

Hi everybody

I have just finished coding my first database application using VB 5
Enterprise edition. I have used the jet 3.5 object library and have
used SQL for almost all the DDL and DML requirements. The MDB is
stored on a local HDD.

Now, my question is: How much is it difficult to convert the application
for an MS-SQL Server environment?
Is it enough to only change the connect parameter of the database?
Is there any wizards/3rd party tools to facilitate the operation?

All kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Parviz Aghasadeghi

Sun, 17 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Help converting JET MDB into SQL Server

You could just change your connection but I would also suggest converting to
RDO or ADO instead of using DAO which is what you most likely were useing with
Access.  You can for the most part just do a Global Search and Replace changing
OpenRecordSet to OpenResultSet and also changing the RecordSet type constants
ie:  dbOpenSnapShot to rdOpenStatic

But that will pretty much get you most of the way there.

-Clint LaFever
Clint LaFever
Software Engineer
SAIC

Mon, 18 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting SQL Server/MSDE code to Jet SQL

2. converting an access mdb to sql server database

3. Converting MDB to Jet 4.0 format using DAO?

4. Convert JET 1.1 to 2.0 MDB

5. Convert JET 1.1 to 2.0 MDB

6. Help: MS-SQL Server 6 / ODBC / Jet - A triad gone horribly wrong

7. Help! SQL against both MDB and MSSQL server

8. Easy way to copy Multiple Records from MDB on pc to SQL Server on Server

9. SQL for both JET and SQL Server

10. I Need help to convert this code to vb.net (getting a list of sql Servers)

11. HELP: converting SQL-server database to Access

12. Converting SQL Database to .mdb in VB5