dBase IV + ODBC Index Question
Author Message
 dBase IV + ODBC Index Question

        I am using VB and ODBC to access an existing dBase IV database.
the name of the database is acr and it has 7 indices stored in a single
.mdx file (acr.mdx).  One of the tags is called "orderid" and is an
index built on *two* columns: Order_id and rec_id.  ODBC complains when
I try to do an ORDER BY ORDERID in the SQL SELECT.  It says that
"orderid" isn't a column name.  I know that.  How do I get at tags
other than single column names (in a SQL SELECT STMT?)

        Even more puzzling to me is that it seems that my .MDX may be
being ignored altogether.  My acr.inf is in the same directory as the
.dbf and .mdx and looks like this:

[dbase]
MDX1=acr.mdx

That's it.  I tried changing [dbase] to [dBase IV] but that didn't
help.  I've read the FAQ and KB *and* TFM.  I'm still confused.  Has
anyone else got some .infs I can see?  I appreciate any help you can
give me on this.

Eric Schilling

Mon, 16 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating dbase IV index.

2. Create dBase IV Index in VB4Pro?

3. dBASE III/IV & FoxPro Index files

4. Create Index on Dbase IV Table?

5. Dbase IV index

6. Create dBase IV Index in VB4Pro?

7. Unique index problem with DBase IV

8. dBase IV & Indexes

9. How to read dBASE IV with ODBC 32?

10. Problem with dBase IV ODBC access via ADO

11. Using dBase IV with VB via ODBC without a DSN

12. Problem with dBase IV ODBC access via ADO