Author Message

I have experienced this error myself in the past, in my case it was due
moving the project from one PC to another, comctl32 on the second PC had a
different GUID (Global User ID) than the original even though the files
appeared to be the same, the way I overcame it was to make SetUp disks for
the app and actually install it on the second PC, this ensured that the
GUID's were correct.
Hope that helps.

You can usually tell if this is the case by trying to open the project in
VB, if you get error messages saying that the files could not be loaded
(even though they are there), then it's a good clue.

Brian

Quote:

>I need help while I still have some hair.  I have posted this msg in the
>previously without any replies and now I am getting desperate.  Can you
>tell?

>My app generates an error that I think is a direct result of the comctl32.
>The msg is "error opening file".  No error number and it is not displayed
as
>a runtime error even though the program immediately quits afterwards.

>There is very limited code in the form_load event prior to the form
actually
>being displayed and the code there is references the treeview, listview and
>statusbar.

>If any can enlighten me at all it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

>Thanks
>- Lyle

Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
I need help while I still have some hair.  I have posted this msg in the
previously without any replies and now I am getting desperate.  Can you
tell?

My app generates an error that I think is a direct result of the comctl32.
The msg is "error opening file".  No error number and it is not displayed as
a runtime error even though the program immediately quits afterwards.

There is very limited code in the form_load event prior to the form actually
being displayed and the code there is references the treeview, listview and
statusbar.

If any can enlighten me at all it would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks
- Lyle

Wed, 18 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. <<<<<<<<ComboBox>>>>>>>>>>>>

2. Crystal Report 8 causes error <font color="blue"><B>20599</B></font>

3. HELP >>>>>>WIN API <<<<<<<<<<

4. <<VB4>> Grrrrrr - Font colour

7. <<<<HELP- OLE container Control>>>>>>>>>

8. VB5<->RDO2<->ODBC<->ORACLE Procedure Problem

9. <<<Cneck Box>>>

10. <<<Gif Files>>>

11. <<<CD ROM>>>

12. <<<Win32Api.TXT>>>