Passing date to crystal report..or better way
Author Message
 Passing date to crystal report..or better way

Hi,
   I am trying to do a very simple task...to pass a user define date to
the Crystal Report so that the report can query something like TDATE = "user
define date"..but I can't! :-(

        Any help or direction or better way of doing this I will be very much
appreciated!

        Regards,
        Yang-Uei Aw

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Passing date to crystal report..or better way

Quote:

>    I am trying to do a very simple task...to pass a user define date
> the crystal report so that the report can query something like TDATE
= "user
> define date"..but I can't! :-(

You might want to look at the part where I pass the formulas
(formulae?):

  ' Pass the Report name
  crReport01.ReportFileName = msLocation & "prem_dtl.rpt"

  ' Report sorting order
  If optEmpId Then
    crReport01.SortFields(0) = "+{ReportingTable.IdentityNumber}"
    crReport01.SortFields(1) = "+{ReportingTable.DependentCode}"
  Else
    crReport01.SortFields(0) = "+{Members.SurName}"
    crReport01.SortFields(1) = "+{Members.FirstName}"
  End If

  ' Pass the Report formulas
  crReport01.Formulas(0) = "ProcDateString= '" & msProcDate & "'"
  crReport01.Formulas(1) = "TextPrevTotal= " & Format$(nPrevTotal,
"0.00")
  sRptName = "Detailed Premium Changes Report" & msTest
  crReport01.Formulas(2) = "ReportName= '" & sRptName & "'"

Good luck,

Larry Fee
Systems Division, Corporate and Strategic Programs
Ministry of Health, Victoria  BC  Canada
Phone: (250) 952-1413        Fax..: (250) 952-2308

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Passing date parameters to a crystal report

2. Passing in Date stle formula to Crystal Reports

3. Passing a date range to crystal reports

4. Passing Parameters from C# to Crystal Report / Crystal Report Viewer

5. Good Reporting Tool for VB to SQL (Currently Use Crystal) or Crystal w/SQL Help Appreciated

6. Crystal Report Date Vrs Sql Server Date

7. Crystal Reports 8.5 date range parameter field - record selection that includes null date range

8. Is there any report designer better than crystal report

9. Crystal Reports - Report Title Passing

10. Q: Pass a SQL query from VB to crystal report sub-report

11. Passing parameters to a report in Crystal Reports 6

12. CRYSTAL REPORT, run time query report by date