VB4 access DB(MS-Access 2.0)
Author Message
 VB4 access DB(MS-Access 2.0)

    Hi
I am developing a frontend for an old DB which is in MS-ACCESS 2.0
which is installed in the network(the application Access and the
database) with a security. When I try to run my first form in order to see
if I can access the MS-access DB, I am getting an errors message
saying "No permission for ... DB", but DBA people already set the
access right for me and they told me it is VB4 problem
personnelly I thought it was the MS-Access security problems
"System.mda". If the MS-Access is install locally or without the security
I do not have this kind of problem.
Any info to solve the problem will help.

M.samatar

Fri, 20 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 access DB(MS-Access 2.0)

Quote:
>I am developing a frontend for an old DB which is in MS-ACCESS 2.0
>which is installed in the network(the application Access and the
>database) with a security. When I try to run my first form in order to see
>if I can access the MS-access DB, I am getting an errors message
>saying "No permission for ... DB", but DBA people already set the
>access right for me and they told me it is VB4 problem
>personnelly I thought it was the MS-Access security problems
>"System.mda". If the MS-Access is install locally or without the security
>I do not have this kind of problem.
>Any info to solve the problem will help.

Are you using the Data Control or DAO in code?  I haven't been able to find a
way to get the Data Control to log into a database as anything but "Admin"(which
is probably restricted on your system).  I think you'll have to remove the Data
Control and use DAO in code to replace it.  You can use DAO to access the
database under a different username(see CreateWorkspace and Workspace in VB4
Help).

Eric Rossing
Intec Company, Inc.

http://www.msen.com/~rossing

Sat, 21 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing a secured Access 2.0 DB with VB4.0 16-bit

2. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 97 DB in VB code

3. MS Access 2.0/MS Jet 2.0 Locks

4. App tries to open DB as MS Access 1.1 fmt instead of 2.0

5. Hit Access 2.0 DB via ODBC (VB4)

6. Checking For Counter Fields in Access 2.0 DB And VB4 16

7. Checking For Counter Fields in Access 2.0 DB And VB4 16

8. Hit Access 2.0 DB via ODBC (VB4)

9. VB4 32 and ms Access 2.0

10. VB4: permission to read MS Access 2.0 SysObject table from VB

11. Converting Access 2.0 DB to Access 1.0 or 1.1

12. Reading Access 2.0 db on network w/read-only access