Memory Leak Access/VB 4
Author Message
 Memory Leak Access/VB 4

I have an application which does data acquisition on a continuous basis. I
have approximately 5 tables with roughly 30 fields and 1 database (.MDB)
file.  Data is logged to this file once every :15 seconds.  I appear to
leak memory at about 20K per hour.  What is happening?  I am opening and
closing the database object (and Set dbObject = Nothing) with each pass, I
am also opening and closing (and Set tblObject = Nothing) any table,
dynaset, etc. objects with each pass as well.  However, I am still memory
leaking the 20K per hour.  If I turn the timer control off (disable) and
run the application, no leaks take place and the application will run well.
 However, I turn the data logging back on (logging is in the timer event),
and the memory leaks continue.  Can this be related to the "dead airspace"
you eliminate when you compact a database?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Jeff

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Memory Leak Access/VB 4

2. Memory Leak in VB ACCESS 2k ?

3. Memory Leaks/Resource Leaks

4. memory leak using VBA6 and file access

5. ODBC/Access memory leak

6. Memory Leak with Access/DAO3.0

7. Memory leak accessing Excel file.

8. Access/Jet Memory Leak?

9. Memory leak on server from ASP/Access pages

10. memory leak using VBA6 and file access

11. IIS/ASP accessing a VB6 COM+ DLL - Excessive memory usage / leak

12. OLE Automation Problems - MEMORY HOG (Memory Leak?)