Limits on Transactions between Begin & Commit
Author Message
 Limits on Transactions between Begin & Commit

I have 4 tables getting updated as one CommitTrans.  One table gets
anywhere from 1 to 100 records updated, 2nd table gets updated total
information, 3rd table writes out production data, and the 4th writes a
history transaction record.  In tests with up to 6 records getting
updated in table 1 everything works fine.  When the number of records
getting updated in table 1 exceeds 6 usually, I get DAO error for having
too many transactions.  Would anyone know how the transaction limits are
set or adjusted?  Using VB4.0 and Access 2.0

I checked the help but the only info I found related to nested
transactions.

TIA,
Andrei

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Limits on Transactions between Begin & Commit

You are nesting Your transactions!

See this:

BeginTrans

For X=1 To 100
    Call AlterDatabase(X)
Next

CommitTrans
This work well because You only have one nesting/level of transaction.
See this:

For X=1 To 100
    BeginTrans
    Call AlterDatabase(X)
Next

CommitTrans
This yields an error after only 5 iterations!

Peter Larsson

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Begin-Rollback-Commit Transaction

2. Workspace Transaction Begin/Commit/Rollback bug?

3. ADO Begin/Commit Transactions

4. VB6 - DAO Begin/Commit & Rollback

5. ADO and Transaction in SQL Server 7.0: The COMMIT TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.

6. begin trans - commit trans

7. BEGIN,COMMIT Trans

8. Begin Trans..Commit with Client Access ?

9. ADO err with trans begin/commit ?

10. Begin and commit trans

11. Unable to commit transactions to backend database

12. ? VBSQL Commit Transaction