oracle table fill from flatfile via .cmd/.ctl files using telnet
Author Message
 oracle table fill from flatfile via .cmd/.ctl files using telnet

Hi,
Currently I use a telnet session to execute an upload of data from a
flatfile to an oracle table, using the following entries:
Quote:
>"[profilename].cmd"

this prompts me for a password, so my next entry is:
Quote:
>"[password]"

That's it.

The .cmd file, when viewed in notepad looks like:
set ORACLE_SID=[blah]
sqlldr control=[profilename].ctl log=[profilename].log
userid=[blahblah] DIRECT=true data=[flatfilename]

The .ctl file referenced above, when viewed in notepad looks like:
unrecoverable
load data
truncate into table [tablename]
trailing nullcols
(
[fieldname1]        position(1:11),
[fieldname2]        position(12:13),
...                 ...
[fieldname10]       position(83:88)
)

What I'm hoping for is guidance as to how I can:
a) automate this telnet session (connect, logon, commandline,
password)
b) avoid telnet entirely and run in VB

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:23:48 GMT

1. Inserting into Access table from ADO Rset or Cmd from Oracle

2. Inserting into Access table from ADO Rset or Cmd from Oracle

3. Inserting into Access table from ADO Rset or Cmd from Oracle

4. Bounding Datalist with Rs via Open or Rs via cmd.execute

6. Create a flatfile of MDB tables from VB6

7. Linking to Oracle tables from Access97 via ODBC

8. Using WebBrowser ctl to navigate to a local file

9. Help with adding new record to Oracle table Via VB5.0

10. Using .CTL file in a Project

11. Help: How to choose Directory (instead of files) using CommonDialog ctl

12. Problems creating Table in Oracle via ADOX