Record Locking in MS SQL Server 6.5
Author Message
 Record Locking in MS SQL Server 6.5

I heard the above is provided, is it true?? Thanks for any input.
Regards

Windoze 95
Yesterday's Technology Today

Thu, 19 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Record Locking in MS SQL Server 6.5

Quote:

>I heard the above is provided, is it true?? Thanks for any input.
>Regards

My understanding is that SQL Server 6.5 has record locking for
inserts only, and then only on an "as needed" basis. There's some
sort of dynamic locking scheme used where it places a page lock,
but if a lock conflict arises it will switch to a record lock.

If you visit the MS web site and browse into the Back Office
area, you can find more detailed info on the new locking scheme.

Joe

Never underestimate the power of a WAG.

http://www.citilink.com/~jgarrick

Fri, 27 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Get Username or Computername after lock (or deadlock) errors from MS SQL server (7 or 6.5)

2. Record Locking, SQL Server 6.5

3. Locking in VB5 and SQL Server 6.5 using stored procs

4. SQL Server 6.5 Locking

5. ADO's Connection.beginTran will lock SQL Server 6.5

6. VB5: Updating recordset on MS SQL-Server 6.5

7. Problems with VB4.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5

8. connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5 using VB5

9. MS SQL Server 6.5 - Developer Edition

10. VB 4.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5

11. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition does not contain MS SQL Server 6.5 Developer Edition

12. Problem With Inserting Over 1200o records into SQL server 6.5