ODBC Connection to an MSAccess Database
Author Message
 ODBC Connection to an MSAccess Database

OK,  I'm having major problems getting VB5 to work with ODBC.  I am using an
Access Database and it is registered as a System DSN with ODBC.  Every time I
try to make a connection to any database using ODBC the program crashes - it
just locks up VB and I have to end task.  I have tried coding the connection
myself and have even tried the DB Wizard.  The DB Wizard lock up before the
wizard even completes.  I also made a very simple, like 4 line, code to try
make a connection with the database.  Every time I run it VB crashes.  If
anybody knows why this is happening and/or can give me code examples so that I
can make sure I am doing this right to begin with I would appreciate it
greatly.  Also, if anybody knows of any other methods of using ODBC (other
than VB) to make a data entry form to access databases please let me know.

Thank you
Chris

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Connecting to MSAccess Database via ODBC

2. ADO control on HTML, to MSAccess/ODBC database on Webserver

3. Accessing to a ODBC MSAccess database by rdo at same time

4. Database security via a special ODBC connection possible?

5. ADODB.Connection with ODBC & DB2-database

6. RDO connection to ORACLE database through ODBC string literal too long

7. ODBC Database connection

8. Connection to ODBC Database

9. Help Crystal ODBC connection to Access Database

10. DAO and ADO connection for ODBC Oracle Databases

11. VB and DB2 ODBC or ADO or Database connection

12. ODBC Connection Strings for LDAP<->ODBC in Visual Basic for MS Access