Slow loading performance with database
Author Message
 Slow loading performance with database

Hi,

 Anyone can help me to fix this problem?
I use a database to store a list of newsgroup
that is available from each news Server .All the newsgroups
available on each news Server is stored in one table.When a
user want to view a list of newsgroup available on a particular
newsgroup , then  all the newsgroup of that news server will be
read in to the list view control and then displayed to the user
for his or her selection.My problem is , it takes so long to load
even if there is only 3000 record.When there is 50,000 record
my computer just hang halfway during the loading.So , is there anyway
to increase the performance so the user no need to wait so long ?
Is it possible to read the required table into the memory from the database
then send it to the list view control to be displayed to the user ?
If possible , how to accomplish this ?If you know any other techniques
,please let me know ?

Thank in advance

Fri, 29 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. slow performance when running VB and database application

2. slow performance when running VB and database application

3. SLOW database performance with second user.

4. Database Loads slow

5. Slow loading with database

6. Slow Performance and DLLs

7. Slow Performance with Access MDB

8. incredibly (!) slow performance for simplest operation

9. CreateObject seams to be slow, any ways to improve performance

10. PrivateProfileString - Slow performance

11. Very Slow Word Xp Performance

12. very slow performance while accessing Web Service from client runnig Win98