Jet 3.51 and Index selection with ADO
Author Message
 Jet 3.51 and Index selection with ADO

I am desperately trying to grab records in descending order from a 12,000
record table which contains two unique indices - one ascending on the item
field, and one descending on the item field.

When I open an ADO connection object with a "select... order by asc" I get
very quick response.  When I open an ADO connection object with a "select...
order by desc" I get extremely poor response.

A SHOWPLAN of the activity shows that both queries do not select indexes.
Will "order by" commands use indexes?  If so, why don't I see them in
SHOWPLAN?  Is there a way to force Jet's optimizer to use an index of
choice?

Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Jet 4.0 performance problem vs Jet 3.51

2. Jet DB Performance (Jet 3.51 vs. Jet 4.0)

3. Using ADO to Create Jet 3.51 Tables

4. ADO Table creation with Jet 3.51

5. Q:ADO AND MS JET 3.51

6. ADO wont connect to Jet 3.51 or 4.0

7. ADO Recordset Object / Jet 3.51 Question

8. Deleting All Records in Jet 3.51 Access ADO routine

9. Q: How to use batch updates on acces using ado jet provider 3.51

10. Using ADO to create jet 3.51 tables

11. ADO Openschema & Jet 3.51

12. Using ADO with Jet 3.51