Can't add new record to Access database with DataControl
Author Message
 Can't add new record to Access database with DataControl

I get the runtime error: "3426, This action  has been canceled by an
associated object" when I try to do the following:

Private Sub cmdNewCustomer_Click()

datData.Recordset.AddNew
datData.Recordset(0) = txtCustID.Text
datData.Recordset(1) = txtComp.Text
datData.Recordset(4) = txtPhone.Text
Call Check(txtCustID, txtComp, txtPhone)
If mbolCheckeroo = True Then
datData.Recordset.Update
End If

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't add new record to Access database with DataControl

Quote:
>I get the runtime error: "3426, This action  has been canceled by an
>associated object" when I try to do the following:
>Private Sub cmdNewCustomer_Click()
>datData.Recordset.AddNew
>datData.Recordset(0) = txtCustID.Text
>datData.Recordset(1) = txtComp.Text
>datData.Recordset(4) = txtPhone.Text
>Call Check(txtCustID, txtComp, txtPhone)
>If mbolCheckeroo = True Then
>datData.Recordset.Update
>End If

Could it be the Procedure Check() is messing with the same Data
Control? If so, the .AddNew has no chance of completing.

Sat, 26 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Can't add new record to Access database with DataControl

Quote:

>>I get the runtime error: "3426, This action  has been canceled by an
>>associated object" when I try to do the following:

>>Private Sub cmdNewCustomer_Click()

>>datData.Recordset.AddNew
>>datData.Recordset(0) = txtCustID.Text
>>datData.Recordset(1) = txtComp.Text
>>datData.Recordset(4) = txtPhone.Text
>>Call Check(txtCustID, txtComp, txtPhone)
>>If mbolCheckeroo = True Then
>>datData.Recordset.Update
>>End If

>Could it be the Procedure Check() is messing with the same Data
>Control? If so, the .AddNew has no chance of completing.

No, I REMmed it out and I still have the problem

Sun, 27 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can't add new record to Access database with data control

2. word VBA won't let me add a new record to an access table

3. Weird ASP error when trying to add a new record to a MS Access database

4. add new record to MS ACCESS database

5. Trying to add new record to Access database

6. add a new record into my Access database

7. ADO2.5, can't add new record to an empty table using record binding

8. How to add new records in a new database

9. adding new records & new record

10. Can't add new records when using Linked forms

11. HELP: Can't add new records to an empty dynaset

12. Problems adding new records to ODBC source (dBASE III dbf's)