VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6
Author Message
 VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

I am constantly getting 'Illegal Operations' after running reports in
Crystal Reports 4.6.  Using the Crystal Reports OCX control in VB 6.0 I am
passing some simple stuff to Crystal such as selection formula.  The
database being used is in Access 97.  The reports run fine, but sometimes
after running the reports when trying to close down the VB application we
get the 'Illegal Operation'.  This error can also occur when closing down
child forms, not just closing the shell form.  The chance of getting the
error increases as more reports are run.  We have not been able to track the
error down to any 1 report.  I have been told that this is more than likely
a problem between Access and Crystal, but I have no concrete answers.

If anyone has had a similar experience or knows the answer to this problem I
would appreciate it if you could at the very least lead me in the right
direction.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dave Snyder

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6
Hi Dave,

The common reason for this happening is if you are using more than 1 Crystal OCX
in your application.  This was fixed in a late Maintenance Release for Crystal
6.

--
Sincerely,
Brian Dong

To reply, remove nospam from the address.

Quote:

> I am constantly getting 'Illegal Operations' after running reports in
> Crystal Reports 4.6.  Using the Crystal Reports OCX control in VB 6.0 I am
> passing some simple stuff to Crystal such as selection formula.  The
> database being used is in Access 97.  The reports run fine, but sometimes
> after running the reports when trying to close down the VB application we
> get the 'Illegal Operation'.  This error can also occur when closing down
> child forms, not just closing the shell form.  The chance of getting the
> error increases as more reports are run.  We have not been able to track the
> error down to any 1 report.  I have been told that this is more than likely
> a problem between Access and Crystal, but I have no concrete answers.

> If anyone has had a similar experience or knows the answer to this problem I
> would appreciate it if you could at the very least lead me in the right
> direction.

> Thanks in advance for your help!

> Dave Snyder

Sun, 20 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

2. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

3. VB 6.0, Access 97, CR 4.6

4. CR 4.6 and multiple Access 97 MDBs

5. CR 4.6 and multiple Access 97 MDBs

6. Problem in Selection formula, CR 4.6, VB 6.0

7. CR 4.6 and VB 6.0

8. CR 4.6 vs. 6.0

9. VB5 How to replace CR 4.6 to 6.0

10. VB 6.0 + Access 2000 + CrystalReport 4.6 ; Fehler 20536

11. Access 7.0 Date/Time Fields not accessible using CR 4.6

12. CR 4.6 and secured access database