ADO Performance
Author Message
 ADO Performance

Is it my imagination or is ADO significantly slower in connecting and
returning the results of an SQL query than an equivalent in RDO.  I just
purchased True DB Grid and ran some of their samples and ADO is
significantly slower.  I haven't 'back engineered' my application to try RDO
but I'm not at all impressed with ADOs performance.  I'm not doing anything
more complicated than querying with a max of four conditionals on both
indexed & un-indexed tables, so any comments would be welcome.  And yes I
know all about the benefits of a flatter......

Thanks in advance,

David.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Performance

Quote:

> Is it my imagination or is ADO significantly slower in connecting and
> returning the results of an SQL query than an equivalent in RDO.  I just
> purchased True DB Grid and ran some of their samples and ADO is
> significantly slower.  I haven't 'back engineered' my application to try RDO
> but I'm not at all impressed with ADOs performance.  I'm not doing anything
> more complicated than querying with a max of four conditionals on both
> indexed & un-indexed tables, so any comments would be welcome.  And yes I
> know all about the benefits of a flatter......

What cursor type are you using? That makes a big difference.

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Performance
Isn't EVERYTHING slower in Visual Bleahsic :>

Quote:

> > Is it my imagination or is ADO significantly slower in connecting
and
> > returning the results of an SQL query than an equivalent in RDO.  I
just
> > purchased True DB Grid and ran some of their samples and ADO is
> > significantly slower.  I haven't 'back engineered' my application
to try RDO
> > but I'm not at all impressed with ADOs performance.  I'm not doing
anything
> > more complicated than querying with a max of four conditionals on
both
> > indexed & un-indexed tables, so any comments would be welcome.  And
yes I
> > know all about the benefits of a flatter......

> What cursor type are you using? That makes a big difference.

> --

<http://www.xenu.net/>

Quote:
> WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're
coming  to
> because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me
away, ha ha!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO Performance
No. Transferring a recordset over a network takes time anyway. IMHO C++
database applications are 0% faster than Visual Basic database applications.

grH

Quote:

> Isn't EVERYTHING slower in Visual Bleahsic :>

> > > Is it my imagination or is ADO significantly slower in connecting
> and
> > > returning the results of an SQL query than an equivalent in RDO.  I
> just
> > > purchased True DB Grid and ran some of their samples and ADO is
> > > significantly slower.  I haven't 'back engineered' my application
> to try RDO
> > > but I'm not at all impressed with ADOs performance.  I'm not doing
> anything
> > > more complicated than querying with a max of four conditionals on
> both
> > > indexed & un-indexed tables, so any comments would be welcome.  And
> yes I
> > > know all about the benefits of a flatter......

> > What cursor type are you using? That makes a big difference.

> > --

> <http://www.xenu.net/>
> > WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're
> coming  to
> > because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me
> away, ha ha!

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO performance question

2. ado performance - ms-access vs odbc

3. How to improve ADO performance

4. ADO: Performance Testing vs. DAO

5. Improving ADO performances against SQL Server?

6. ADO performance question

7. ADO Performance Question

8. ADO Performance with lots of columns

9. How to improve ADO performance

10. RDO to ADO, performance drop

11. DAO, RDO, ADO performance (or lack of it) on Access97

12. ADO Performance issue...