New Visual Dbase User Needs Help
Author Message
 New Visual Dbase User Needs Help

Hi I need to know if there is a way to write an inventory program in dbase
that will allow you to subtract the data from one field from another, all
I have found is commands that cover the sum function

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 New Visual Dbase User Needs Help

from

Quote:

>Hi I need to know if there is a way to write an inventory program in
dbase
>that will allow you to subtract the data from one field from another,
all
>I have found is commands that cover the sum function

Yes move the data field in to a var and then subt the two var:

field 1 =number   units          var=t_units
field 2 =number   on_hand   var= t_on_hand

t_on_hand=onhand
t_units=units

t_sub_tot=t_on_hand - t_units

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 New Visual Dbase User Needs Help

Quote:

>Hi I need to know if there is a way to write an inventory program in dbase
>that will allow you to subtract the data from one field from another, all
>I have found is commands that cover the sum function

Doug,

You have gotten a good answer already here, but in the future if you
want a lot of attention to dbase problems the group to visit is:
comp.databases.xbase.misc.

Although you can get help here, too, mostly what you find here are
Visual Basic programmers, or, wannabees like me :)

Bob

Mon, 12 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

2. Need Help VB6 -> dBase creating new database

3. Rookie needs help clearing the Clipper hurdle (DBase help needed)

4. HELP ! New user of visual basic

5. REQUEST FOR HELP - NEW VISUAL BASIC USER

6. HELP! New Visual Basic User

7. Help needed by new user

8. New User - Need Help

9. New user needs help with attached tables

10. New PB31 user needs help

11. New VB User Needs Help