Delete DBase Record
Author Message
 Delete DBase Record

I am having trouble deleting deleting DBase's record physically.
Does anyone know how?

Whoes idea it is anyway, marking records to make it disappear!

Any help will be appreciate.

Billy

Thu, 17 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete DBase Record

Quote:
>I am having trouble deleting deleting DBase's record physically.
>Does anyone know how?
>Whoes idea it is anyway, marking records to make it disappear!
>Any help will be appreciate.
>Billy

You have to execute the DBASE pack utility.  Just a feature of DBASE!
Jerry Helms
Intelligent Information Systems

Fri, 18 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete DBase Record

Hi Billy,

This is a common occurrence when working with dbase or Xbase files. These
type of databases do not PHYSICALLY remove a record when you delete one.
They just mark it for deletion the next time the database is compacted or
'repaired'. You can prevent the records from displaying though. If you are
using VB then check the VB.ini in the windows directory or
'YourProgram.ini' if you have one. Go to the ISAM section and check for an
entry labeled DELETED = OFF. This should be set to DELETED=ON to solve
your problem

JB.

Quote:
On Sunday, June 30, 1996, Mo Yuk Chuen wrote...
> I am having trouble deleting deleting DBase's record physically.
> Does anyone know how?

> Whoes idea it is anyway, marking records to make it disappear!

> Any help will be appreciate.

> Billy

Sat, 19 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete DBase Record

Hello

You can delete the records from a database physically by compacting it
By the way, who needs it?  You mean you never used UNDELETE?!?

Enjoy

Ray sends

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delete DBase Record

Quote:

>Hi Billy,

>This is a common occurrence when working with dbase or Xbase files. These
>type of databases do not PHYSICALLY remove a record when you delete one.
>They just mark it for deletion the next time the database is compacted or
>'repaired'. You can prevent the records from displaying though. If you are
>using VB then check the VB.ini in the windows directory or
>'YourProgram.ini' if you have one. Go to the ISAM section and check for an
>entry labeled DELETED = OFF. This should be set to DELETED=ON to solve
>your problem

>JB.

  Hi.

        I'm having the same problem. I followed the above advice ,but can't
seem to find an ISAM section in my vb.ini file. I've added one,but it seems to
make no differance. I'm using foxpro 2.5 and I would just issue a compact
command,but I can't seem to find one in the docs ?

I have seen this topic discussed before and have had no luck fixing the
problem. In the ODBC setup I've double checked in both the dbase and foxpro
Drivers and neither has the SHOW DELETED box checked.

                        Thanx in Advance....

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Deleting dBase records

2. VB Deleting dbase Records

3. Excluding deleted dBASE records

4. Excluding deleted dBASE records

5. Deleted dBase records

6. Delete dBase records. How ?

7. Deleting records in Dbase

8. How to indicate if Dbase record is deleted?

9. VB5: Deleting records using a text Dbase file...

10. Dbase 3 - Bypassing deleted records problem....

11. Dbase record marked as deleted

12. dBASE deleted records