ODBC API error when calling Oracle stored procedure
Author Message
 ODBC API error when calling Oracle stored procedure

I wrote a simple procedure just for testing, that didnt need input or
output. If I use SQL*PLUS and enter  "exec text_proc" I get "PL/SQL
procedure successfully completed".

When try to use a VB program  to exec the procedure I have problems:
    The variable strSQL="exec test_proc"
    When my program gets to this statement I get a bad intStatus.

             intStatus = SQLExecDirect(hStmt, strSQL, Len(strSQL)

    I get a -1 in the intStatus variable.  The SQL_SUCCESS variable is
set to 0 and the variable SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO is set to 1, therefore,
I get an error.

The long and short of it is, can I execute a procedure using the ODBC
API method?  If the answer is yes, How do I do it.

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5 program calls Oracle stored procedure via ODBC

2. Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure through ODBC

3. Calling Oracle7 Stored Procedures via the ODBC 2.10 API

4. Error calling Oracle store procedures using ADO

5. Catastrophic Error - Calling Oracle Stored Procedure

6. Ado Error 265929 calling Oracle stored procedure

7. Store Procedure in Oracle through ODBC ???

8. How to execute Store Procedure in Oracle through ODBC with Visual Basic

9. Store Procedure in Oracle through ODBC with Visual Basic

10. STORED PROCEDURE WITH ODBC AND ORACLE 7.1

11. Stored Procedures / Oracle / ODBC

12. Stored Procedure/Oracle/ODBC/VB. HELPPPPP