Changing Default Printer Properties
Author Message
 Changing Default Printer Properties

I need to to change the default printer orientation in VB so that when I
print a Crystal Report that uses the default printer it is printed
correctly.

The problem is that when I change the Printer Name for the report to the
defualt printer it then looks to the default printer for orientation,
copies etc... The Crystal Report OCX has no setting for Orientation.  All
the reports then come out Landscape for instance instead of the way the
report was set to print.

Ideally i'd like to use the defaults set in the report, but if nothing else
i'll create a database of the desired settings per report in VB and set
them in the default printer per each report printed.

I know changing default printer settings can be done with the API, but all
examples i've found so far relate to vb 3.0 or Windows 3.1.  I'm working in
Win95/NT.

The print setup dialog will set this but I want to do it programmatically
so that a user could kick off a batch of 50 reports and not have to set the
Orientation/copies etc... each time.

Has anyone used the API to set these properties??? I need help quick!
Thanks!!!!

Bill

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing default printer/properties in NT?

2. Changing default printer/properties in NT?

3. Changing Printers property reset printer to Windows default printer

4. Macro to change default printer and then restore original default printer settin

5. Changing printer default properties

6. How to change default printer's Property.

7. Macro that selects printer and prints doc also changes default printer

8. Problem setting the active printer of Word 97 without changing the Windows default printer

9. Using Printer common dialog changes default printer

10. How To Get Printer Dialog Not to Change Default Printer

11. Changing printer without changing default

12. Change Default Account or Change Sender Properties - HELP !