Transactions using RDO with VB4.0a
Author Message
 Transactions using RDO with VB4.0a

I have a problem with transactions under RDO (using Visual Basic V4.0A Enterprise Edition):

Please, take a look at the following piece of code;

'**********************************

Public Function Delete(iAnId As Integer) As Integer

    m_rdoConn.BeginTrans
'
    Call m_objX.Delete(iAnId)
'
    If (m_objX.DBStatus() = DB_ERR_NORMAL) Then
        m_rdoConn.CommitTrans
    Else
        m_rdoConn.RollbackTrans
    End If
End Sub

'***********************************

"m_objX" is an object that handles a table "X" in the database (MS SQL-server V4.21a). When
"m_objX.DBStatus()" returns its status from the "Call m_objX.Delete(sSignature)" and it is
something else than "DB_ERR_NORMAL" it should perform a rollback. Instead of that, I get an
error message "Function Sequence Error" when executing the rollback-statement.(m_rdoConn
consists of the rdoConnection to the database)

Does anybody know why it seems to be impossible to perform the rollback?

Many thanks!

      Magnus

Fri, 08 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem/question using VB4.0a and VSS 4.0

2. How to get VB4.0A: the snychronization release of VB4

3. Keeping VB4.0a, Selling VB4.0 Legal??

4. Executing Access 7.0 action queries from VB4 using RDO

5. Executing Access 7.0 action queries from VB4 using RDO

6. Q: distributed transactions with RDO

7. Rdo and transactions

8. RDO Problem when rolling back transaction - Function sequence error

9. Transactions with RDO on Jet DB

10. Rdo and transactions

11. RDO Transaction Problem