Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure via SQL Passthrough in Access 97
Author Message
 Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure via SQL Passthrough in Access 97

I have an access 97 database that is linked with several SQL Server 6.5
tables.  From the Access database, I am able to setup a SQL Passthrough
query to launch an SQL-Server stored procedure by specifiying "execute
[procname]".

I am trying to convert this SQL Server database to Oracle 8.0.6.  In PL/SQL,
I can execute a stored procedure by specifying "Execute [procname]".
However, create an SQL Passthrough query in Access97 against the Oracle
database, it fails to execute.  Access complains of an invalid "Select"
syntax.

Access97's help file indicates that SQL Passthrough can be used to launch
"Relational Database" stored procedures.  What am I doing wrong?

I can think of one work around.  That is, to create a dummy function to call
the stored procedure passing the appropriate parameters.  But, is this the
best solution?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Tom.

Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:17:59 GMT

1. Oracle Stored Procedure from DAO using QueryDef SQL Passthrough

2. VB5 program calls Oracle stored procedure via ODBC

3. Access 97/SQL Stored Procedures/Flex Grid

4. RDO 2.0 and calling Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures

5. Calling Oracle SQL Stored Procedures from VB

6. Call Stored Procedure using PL/SQL,VB4 and ORACLE 7.3

7. SQL Passthrough vs. stored procedures/triggers

8. Access 97, Orcale and SQL Passthrough

9. VB/Access to call Stored Procedures in Oracle

10. Calling a SQL Server 2000 store procedure from MS-Access

11. Returning resultsets from Oracle stored procedures via ADO?

12. Stored Procedures in Access 97?