ODBC system DSN
Author Message
 ODBC system DSN

Hi
I have been using
DBEngine.RegisterDatabase
to create a user ODBC dsn. However I need to be able to create a
system DSN, which I can't work out how to specify.
Thanks
Grant
My code for the user DSN is
Private Sub cmdCreate_Click()
On Error Resume Next
Dim strDSN As String
Dim strDriver As String
Dim strAttrib As String
Dim strDelim As String
Dim bolQuiet As Boolean
bolQuiet = True
strDelim = Chr(0)
strDSN = Text1.Text
strDriver = "Sql Server"
strAttrib = "Server=(local)" & strDelim
strAttrib = strAttrib & "Database=Test" & strDelim
strAttrib = strAttrib & "Trusted_Connection=Yes" & strDelim
strAttrib = strAttrib & "Description=Sample DSN" & strDelim
DBEngine.RegisterDatabase strDSN, strDriver, bolQuiet, strAttrib
End Sub

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating ODBC System DSN by using ODBC API ?

2. creating ODBC system DSN programatically

3. How to create a ODBC system DSN

4. How do I create a ODBC system DSN?

5. Creating ODBC System DSN entry

6. Crystal and ODBC DSN/DSN-less connections - do I need USER DSN or SYSTEM DSN

7. which Dsn(Data Source Name) is Faster System DSN Or File DSN

8. SQL Connection with a System DSN (ODBC)

9. ODBC CtlPanel Applet and System DSN's

10. ODBC CtlPanel Applet and System DSN's

11. DSN System or DSN File ?

12. System DSN vs File DSN for Crystal Repots Printing