How to put edit mask in MaskEdBox?
Author Message
 How to put edit mask in MaskEdBox?

I would like to use masked edit boxes for entering dates and SS#, but I cannot
figure out how to specify the edit mask.  I put the cursor on the name of the
box or on the format property entry column (seems to me a logical place for
it) and press F1 for context sensitiv help, I get 'Cannot open help file'.  If
I use the pull down menu Help and do a search on 'edit mask' or 'mask edit', I
get nothing.  If I search on 'format' I get the format property of OLE objects
and the FORMAT, FORMAT$ functions.  One of the MS user guides (Professional
Features 2, I think) referred me to a chapter in one of their other books (I
forget which one and do not have them available at the moment).  When I went
to that book, it contained no such chapter!.  I tried using the formatting
charactors for the FORMAT function in the 'format' property of the Masked
Edit Box without result.  What should I do!

Any help will, of course, be appreciated and perhaps forstall a nervous
breakdown (unless it makes me look really dumb! (and even then it will be
appreciated)).

Dianne

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 How to put edit mask in MaskEdBox?

Quote:
> I would like to use masked edit boxes for entering dates and SS#,
but I cannot
> figure out how to specify the edit mask.  I put the cursor on the name of the
> box or on the format property entry column (seems to me a logical place for
> it) and press F1 for context sensitiv help, I get 'Cannot open help
file'.  If
> I use the pull down menu Help and do a search on 'edit mask' or
'mask edit', I
> get nothing.  If I search on 'format' I get the format property of
OLE objects
> and the FORMAT, FORMAT$ functions.  One of the MS user guides (Professional
> Features 2, I think) referred me to a chapter in one of their other books (I
> forget which one and do not have them available at the moment).  When I went
> to that book, it contained no such chapter!.  I tried using the formatting
> charactors for the FORMAT function in the 'format' property of the Masked
> Edit Box without result.  What should I do!
> Any help will, of course, be appreciated and perhaps forstall a nervous
> breakdown (unless it makes me look really dumb! (and even then it will be
> appreciated)).
> Dianne

If you look in your VB Help contents you'll see there is an option at
the top that says 'Other Information Sources'.   Choose that and then
choose the 'Help File' for the Professional Edition then choose
'Custom Control Reference' and you will find help for all the extra
controls like Masked Edit.

Had me stumped for while too until I found that.

HTH
--

MES, 26 North Road,
Lerwick, Shetland, UK     Compuserve: 100016,1727

Wed, 31 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

Robertson) writes:
> Any help will, of course, be appreciated and perhaps forstall a nervous
> breakdown (unless it makes me look really dumb! (and even then it will
be
> appreciated)).

Unless your help files are misplaced, this should be a snap. I pressed F1
and there is was! I mean, come on! It was so simple! What are you, a
wo....

Quote:
> Dianne

Oh...

Sat, 03 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Entry Masks Without Masked Edit Box

2. Masked Edit Box and Control Masking

3. Setting Mask Edit Box Mask ?

4. REPOST: Want mask chars but not prompt chars in MaskEdBox (from Aug 22)

5. Want mask chars but not prompt chars in MaskEdBox

6. maskedbox.mask

7. How to save MaskEdBox Blank Date Value having Mask ##/##/####

8. Mask of MaskEdBox

9. Putting mask and image

10. Masked Edit Box

11. VB component dialog box does not show MS Masked Edit Control 6.0

12. run-time error 421 - Licensing issue with masked edit control