DB Web App or just html?
Author Message
 DB Web App or just html?

I'm doing a project for work that will require me to
either build a activex db web app or build a report
processor and export the reports to html.  The database
should be no bigger than 1000-2000 records max.  I have
no access to any kind of sql server, just access db
files.  Our intranet runs at about 56k average.  This is
my first experiece doing anything like this and I was
wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.  Would it
be better to build an app for online use or build an app
to generate the reports?  Any suggestions would be
appreciated....
email if possible

TIA,
Greg

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DB Web App or just html?

I to have a need for an appliciation like this, if you find out
anything how about e-mailing me....

Quote:
>I'm doing a project for work that will require me to
>either build a activex db web app or build a report
>processor and export the reports to html.  The database
>should be no bigger than 1000-2000 records max.  I have
>no access to any kind of sql server, just access db
>files.  Our intranet runs at about 56k average.  This is
>my first experiece doing anything like this and I was
>wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.  Would it
>be better to build an app for online use or build an app
>to generate the reports?  Any suggestions would be
>appreciated....
>email if possible

>TIA,
>Greg

Sat, 01 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. porting Local DB app to internet DB app?

2. Web Browser control for viewing HTML text within a vb app

3. cli/serv web app - using server to connect to db

4. integration of vb desktop app and a asp web based data entry screen to same db

5. Connecting a local VB app to a Web DB

6. Migrate DB app to web

7. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

8. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

9. help: text justed in reports access

10. Passing records from a VB App DB to an ASP DB trough Internet with Dial-Up

11. DAO standalone app to ADO web-based app?

12. Easy way to convert web based ASP app to standalone app