Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database
Author Message
 Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database

Can anybody help?

I am trying to secure an mdb file so that the user has no access through MS
Access. My project uses ms data controls. I can connect using opendatabase
but cannot get the data controls to log on as they require a password.

ie. data1.databasename=

Is there any way to get it to see a password, or do I just have write the
data directly to the controls with my own recordset?

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database
Hi Alan, This is Jean-Pierre From Paris

Try

  DBEngine.SystemDB = "C:YourFile.MDB"            ' Where "C:YourFile.MDB"
is the path to your database

'  file

  DBEngine.DefaultUser = "Admin"                             ' Where "Admin"
is the user that can log to the database

  DBEngine.DefaultPassword = "PasswordText"         ' where "PasswordText"
is the

' password to access to the database

Au revoir and let me know... :-)

Quote:
> Can anybody help?

> I am trying to secure an mdb file so that the user has no access through
MS
> Access. My project uses ms data controls. I can connect using opendatabase
> but cannot get the data controls to log on as they require a password.

> ie. data1.databasename=

> Is there any way to get it to see a password, or do I just have write the
> data directly to the controls with my own recordset?

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Using MS Data Control DAO to access a password protected database
Chris from Joplin,MO:
    here is an easy way to do that
    Data1.Connect = ";PWD=password"
    Data1.DatabaseName = path
    path is a variable to location of *.mdb
Quote:

> Hi Alan, This is Jean-Pierre From Paris

> Try

>   DBEngine.SystemDB = "C:YourFile.MDB"            ' Where "C:YourFile.MDB"
> is the path to your database

> '  file

>   DBEngine.DefaultUser = "Admin"                             ' Where "Admin"
> is the user that can log to the database

>   DBEngine.DefaultPassword = "PasswordText"         ' where "PasswordText"
> is the

> ' password to access to the database

> Au revoir and let me know... :-)

> > Can anybody help?

> > I am trying to secure an mdb file so that the user has no access through
> MS
> > Access. My project uses ms data controls. I can connect using opendatabase
> > but cannot get the data controls to log on as they require a password.

> > ie. data1.databasename=

> > Is there any way to get it to see a password, or do I just have write the
> > data directly to the controls with my own recordset?

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. (Urgent) Use Data Control (DAO) to open a password protected Access Database

2. Connect VB data control to a password protected MS Access database

3. VB4: How to let a Data control access a password protected ACCESS database

4. using data link with password protected access database

5. using data control on password protected access db

6. how do i access a password protected MS-ACCESS db without the password

7. DAO 3.5 opendatabase method and password protected Access 97 databases

8. Accessing a password protected Access 97 database using the Jet Engine

9. password protected Access data base with Data Control

10. Printing MS Access Report from password protected database

11. Using Access Reports with a password protected database

12. Using Access Reports with a password protected database