SQL Server Update with RDO
Author Message
 SQL Server Update with RDO

Everyone,

We have a VB5 application which uses RDO and the odbc drivers to talk
to either and Access 97 or a SQL6.5 database.

Using Access as the database though a DSN, we can use the data by
using either a .edit, .update cycle or directly using the .execute
with a SQL insert or update statement.  When we connect to a SQL 6.5
database , we can use the execute methods to access the data, but we
can not use either .edit or .addnew with a .update .  As soon as the
update is issued we get a message which says " SQL ODBC driver error
invalid argument value."  Does anyone have any idea what is happening?
BTW, we are using rdo1.0, not 2.0 since 2.0 was giving us problems.  I
know that some of the rdo 2.0 problems are fixed in the Visual
development patch, but we have not yet loaded it since it is not
specific to VB and we are waiting for the rumoured patch to just VB.

TIA

Steve

Mon, 24 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL Server Update with RDO

Steve:

I read your post, and am myself, writing a VB5 application accessing
a back-end SQL Server 6.5 database.  I am considering using RDO (I
guess 2.0 is the latest version), but may reconsider if it is buggy.

Have you heard if the VB-only patch is available?  I'd like to
download it, and try it.

SIDENOTE: Do you know of any good sources for RDO sample source-
code for VB5.

Thanks,

Fred Zimmerman
Silver Software Inc.
Newton, MA

Quote:
>Everyone,

>We have a VB5 application which uses RDO and the odbc drivers to talk
>to either and Access 97 or a SQL6.5 database.

>Using Access as the database though a DSN, we can use the data by
>using either a .edit, .update cycle or directly using the .execute
>with a SQL insert or update statement.  When we connect to a SQL 6.5
>database , we can use the execute methods to access the data, but we
>can not use either .edit or .addnew with a .update .  As soon as the
>update is issued we get a message which says " SQL ODBC driver error
>invalid argument value."  Does anyone have any idea what is happening?
>BTW, we are using rdo1.0, not 2.0 since 2.0 was giving us problems.  I
>know that some of the rdo 2.0 problems are fixed in the Visual
>development patch, but we have not yet loaded it since it is not
>specific to VB and we are waiting for the rumoured patch to just VB.

>TIA

>Steve

Tue, 08 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. SQL Server Update with RDO

2. 2nd SQL Server update after update text field corrupts row - using RDO

3. Using RDO to do SQL updates on SQL Server 6.0

4. RDO, SQL Server and error on Update

5. SQL Server Update Error with RDO

6. doing updating from grid to sql server with stored procedure sql 2000

7. Problem on SQL-Update Statement with a Data-Control in VB 5 and SQL Server 7.0

8. Update SQL Syntax to Access and SQL Server

9. Help: SQL error, RDO, UPDATE conflict.

10. RDO buffer doesnt refresh when manually update row via SQL script

11. rdo sql server 2000 vb6

12. RDO, SQL Server, datetime