TimeOut of Query ODBC database
Author Message
 TimeOut of Query ODBC database

We have an app. connecting to a sybase table via ODBC, which contains a
data control which is the source for True DBGrid. On small queries,
everything works fine, but on large queries, the app. is falling over
with an ODBC timeout. With the data control (data1) I have tried adding
in code data1.database.querytimeout = 10. Whatever the value is being 0
or 10000 it does not seem to recognise this value and goes for the
default of 60 - 90 seconds. We need to use the data control so the
dbengine would not really be appropriate. Any options ?
Is there are another way to set the timeout value ? ie in an ini file or
???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane N.

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Query Timeout expired, WHY ??

2. Error 3234: ODBC--remote query timeout expired

3. How 2 Make a Query on 2 different ODBC databases

4. Querying DBASE databases via ODBC

5. Parameter Queries - ODBC.NET, Access Database

6. S1T00[Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER] TIMEOUT EXPIRED ?????????

7. ODBC TimeOuts

8. SQL Server ODBC timeout error

9. ODBC Timeout problem

10. ODBC Timeout weirdness