User-defined typed not defined....
Author Message
 User-defined typed not defined....

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am attempting to establish a
connection to a database.  My code looks like this:

                Dim DataFlex As Database
                Dim MSSQL As Database
                Dim DataFlexRecords As Recordset
                Dim MSSQLRecords As Recordset
I am not able to run my code any further because the VB gives me the Error:

                        User-defined typed not defined

Is there something special I need to do with my form or am I missing code?

Thanks,

Marc Brown

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 User-defined typed not defined....

Marc,

If you are using VB4 or VB5, go to the Project References and select one of
the DAO options.  If you are using Access95 I think you need to select
"Microsoft DAO 3.0 Object Library".  If you are using Access97, then use
the 3.5 Library.
--
Lance King
Work: 770-801-4502

Take out "nospam." to send message.

Quote:
> Hello,

> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am attempting to establish a
> connection to a database.  My code looks like this:

>            Dim DataFlex As Database
>            Dim MSSQL As Database
>            Dim DataFlexRecords As Recordset
>            Dim MSSQLRecords As Recordset
> I am not able to run my code any further because the VB gives me the
Error:

>                    User-defined typed not defined

> Is there something special I need to do with my form or am I missing
code?

> Thanks,

> Marc Brown

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 User-defined typed not defined....

Recordset is not an Object Type

You need to define either a Dynaset, Snapshot, or use a Data Object.

Quote:
> Hello,

> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am attempting to establish a
> connection to a database.  My code looks like this:

>            Dim DataFlex As Database
>            Dim MSSQL As Database
>            Dim DataFlexRecords As Recordset
>            Dim MSSQLRecords As Recordset
> I am not able to run my code any further because the VB gives me the
Error:

>                    User-defined typed not defined

> Is there something special I need to do with my form or am I missing
code?

> Thanks,

> Marc Brown

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 User-defined typed not defined....

Please check your Preference in the VB, make sure that U have check
the DAO 3.5 object.

Chin Siang

Quote:

>            Dim DataFlex As Database
>            Dim MSSQL As Database
>            Dim DataFlexRecords As Recordset
>            Dim MSSQLRecords As Recordset

Wed, 01 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. User Control - User-defined type not defined

2. User Defined Type Not Defined

3. Compile Error: User-defined type not defined

4. User-defined type not defined (Access 97)

5. Excel : User-defined type not define

6. Compile Error - User defined type not defined

7. User-defined type not defined (Access 2000)

8. Dim oappWD as Word.Application: User defined type not defined

9. User- Defined type not defined

10. User Define Type Not Defined

11. FileSystemObject "User Defined Type Not Defined"

12. Compile Error - User-Defined type not defined