Help! Using dBase files with VB
Author Message
 Help! Using dBase files with VB

Please help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

I cannot get the following code to work:
-----------
sub main()
  Dim db as Database
  Set db = OpenDatabase("c:\alpha4v3\nicolet",False,False,"dBase III")
end sub
-----------

  When executed, I get "Reserved Error 1070 - There is no message for this error"

Other Info:

  1) The c:\alpha4v3\nicolet\ dir contains:
        p_prod.dbf
        ni_prod.ndx
        nictran.ini
        nictran.inf

  2) The executable is "nictran.exe" and is found in the c:\nictran\ dir.

  3) "nictran.ini" contains entries for the dbase ISAM's.

  4) The ISAM's are found in c:\windows\system.

  5) "nictran.inf" contains:
        NDX1=ni_prod.ndx

  6) I am using WW3.11 and VB 3.0

  7) This application is running, as is, on another computer running W3.1

  8) I have also tried putting "nictran.ini" in c:\windows.

  I think the problem is related to the database name or location, but I can't
figure this out for anything.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thanks again.

Tue, 11 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBASE III- having problems reading dBASE files to VB

2. How to convert a dBase 5.0 file to Access using VB

3. Using dbase MDX Files in VB Apps w/DAO

4. Help: using Dbase(.dbf) database files

5. Using VBA to develop DBase file using Excel

6. Help: VB code to i/o dBASE files

7. VB5: Deleting records using a text Dbase file...

8. reindex and pack procedures for using dbase files in Visual Basic

9. Using .DBF DBASE III files and Deleting

10. Cant connect to dbase file using odbc

11. Using dBase files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports

12. using DBASE-files with MDX-indexes in Crystal reports