Please, please, please help!!
Author Message
 Please, please, please help!!

Hi there,

        I've got a chance at a nice little job, and the project they gave me seems REAL simple.
BUT! Here's the kicker.. The project involves accessing an Access DB with VB5.0 using ODBC.

        So, I get a nice book, read up on it, and use their examples to create a test database.
Everything looks good, but when I use the cmd buttons to update, or delete a record, I get
Error 24 Invalid Cursor Type.. I have changed and used every cursor type available, hell, I
even changed the record sets and lock types to be sure.. Has ANYONE ever seen this and what
can I do to fix it? BTW, the code I'm using came directly off of the disk that came with the
book, ie all the API calls and whatnot and I tried two of there examples which seem to share
the same modules and class files.. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

David

Thu, 01 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please, please, please help!!
Try searching the Microsoft Books online for info or failing that search
help OR if even that fails try searching on the microsoft web-site for info
on how to access ODBC Databases.
Quote:

>Hi there,

> I've got a chance at a nice little job, and the project they gave me seems
REAL simple.
>BUT! Here's the kicker.. The project involves accessing an Access DB with
VB5.0 using ODBC.

> So, I get a nice book, read up on it, and use their examples to create a
test database.
>Everything looks good, but when I use the cmd buttons to update, or delete
a record, I get
>Error 24 Invalid Cursor Type.. I have changed and used every cursor type
available, hell, I
>even changed the record sets and lock types to be sure.. Has ANYONE ever
seen this and what
>can I do to fix it? BTW, the code I'm using came directly off of the disk
that came with the
>book, ie all the API calls and whatnot and I tried two of there examples
which seem to share
>the same modules and class files.. Thanks ahead of time for any help!

>David

(don't ask! heh)

Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Please PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. Please please please, help me :-)

3. Cloning problem -- please please please help

4. Please, please, please, help!

5. Please, Please, Please,Help craxdrt.dll

6. Invalid use of property please, please, please help!!!

7. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

8. Can anyone HELP me PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

9. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP

10. Please Please Please Help me with Module problem in Access97!!!

11. Using ADO (not ADO.net) in VB.NET - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!

12. Navigating through recordset in a webclass - Please Please Please Help!