Selecting ODBC Datasources
Author Message
 Selecting ODBC Datasources

Hello all,

  I have a little problem and I was hoping some one might be able to
point me in the right direction.  I wrote a VB (4.0 pro) program that
accesses a database on MSSQL 6.5 using a ocx called DB32 from Thunder
Computing.
  This works fine but the problem I'm having is whenever I add a ODBC
DataSource (eg. ATEST) that is listed before my DataSource (eg. HelpDesk)
my program attempts to connect to the Database that is listed in the 1st
DataSource in the list (ATEST).  I have figured out how to read the
entries in the ODBC DataSources using SQLDataSources found in Visdata.bas,
and I also figured out how to get the database name from the ODBC.INI
using OSGetPrivateProfileString.  My problem now is how do I (in the
SQLLogin or where ever) tell the SQL Server which Database I want to
connect to.

I would appreciate it if replies to this post be sent to the above
mail address.

Thanks again.

Rickie Ramcharitar
-------------------

Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Datasources

2. ODBC DataSources

3. Changing ODBC datasources in CR5.0

4. Crystal Reports bug when connecting via ODBC to 2 different datasources

5. Listing ODBC Datasources

6. Selecting ODBC in setup wizard

7. LN - ODBC - AS400 Select statement

8. returning sql STATUS and selected rows from an ODBC call

9. Selecting and accessing an ODBC database

10. crw32.exe crashes when selecting ODBC connection

11. crw32.exe crashes when selecting ODBC connection

12. ODBC Oracle select count problem