Seek method on ADO data recordset?
Author Message
 Seek method on ADO data recordset?

I am fairly new to VB6.0 and would like to check my understanding on this
issue.

The Seek method is much more efficient than the Find method.

As I understand it, the Seek method only applies to DAO Table type
recordsets.

What is quickest method of locating records for ADO recordsets?  Is there no
Seek method?

TIA.........Andrew Groat

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Seek method on ADO data recordset?
Andrew,

I noticed if I set my reference to MS Activex Data Objects 2.1 instead of
2.0 that the Seek method becomes available but it doesn't seem to work.  It
is unclear to me, but I think Seek is only intended to be used with a
primary key.  I'm connecting thru ODBC to an Ingres database and I don't
think it has any way of knowing what the primary key is.  I haven't found
any method but Find and Filter or SQL statements designed to find one record
when using ADO.

Tom Henderson

Quote:

>I am fairly new to VB6.0 and would like to check my understanding on this
>issue.

>The Seek method is much more efficient than the Find method.

>As I understand it, the Seek method only applies to DAO Table type
>recordsets.

>What is quickest method of locating records for ADO recordsets?  Is there
no
>Seek method?

>TIA.........Andrew Groat

Tue, 23 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

2. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

3. ADO Recordset Object, Seek Method

4. Seek method of recordset

5. Recordset Seek method

6. Seek method not found for my ADODB.Recordset object

7. Index Property / Seek Method In Recordset

8. ADO Index property and Seek method

9. Index Property/SEEK method Problem with ADO

10. ADO and Seek Method

11. "Seek" method with ADO

12. Seek method (ADO)?