How do I delete a foxpro record from vb4.0?
Author Message
 How do I delete a foxpro record from vb4.0?

HI...

 How do I delete a foxpro record from vb4.0 ? I have managed to mark it as
deleted ,but it still gets read. Is there some sort of Pack or compress command
I can use to actually wipe the record out of the database ? or am I stuck with
the record forever ?.

        Any help would be appreciated ...Thanx in advance

Tue, 03 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I delete a foxpro record from vb4.0?

Quote:

> HI...

>  How do I delete a foxpro record from vb4.0 ? I have managed to mark it as
> deleted ,but it still gets read. Is there some sort of Pack or compress command
> I can use to actually wipe the record out of the database ? or am I stuck with
> the record forever ?.

>         Any help would be appreciated ...Thanx in advance

I use this technique with dBase and it works quite well.
Open the database with OpenDatabase method with connect string "FoxPro 2.5;".
Open a recordset with vbDynaset option. Search the record You want to delete. Delete it and
do a Requery on the same Dynaset.

Wed, 04 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

2. Foxpro database (Deleted Records)

3. Foxpro Deleted Records

4. deleting records from a Foxpro database

5. Handling A deleted Foxpro Record

6. Cannot delete record on FoxPro 2.5 DB

7. Accessing Foxpro dbf - deleted records

8. Deleted Records Under FoxPro 2.6

9. FoxPro ODBC Driver Shows Deleted Records

10. delete records in Foxpro

11. delete records in foxpro

12. Delete records in foxpro